Friday, February 13, 2009

CM layout comp and other stuff






Okay, at the risk of sounding heartless, I so don't want to talk about the Vic fires. It is a terrible, terrible tragedy but I am to the point where I have thought about it too much and I just want to move on. I have been making a quilt to send through Mrs Martins Quilt Shop and some soft toys to send to Meet Me at Mikes. It seems like every blog I look at has talk of the fires. January and February seemed to have been plagued by bad news and ill health for so many people that we know. I so hope the rest of the year is a good one. Enough. On to more positive things.

Creative Memories is having a layout comp and while I normally don't do those kind of things I thought if I am encouraging others to have a go I should be doing it myself. It was kind of fun going through albums picking out my favourites to submit. So here they are:


Innovative layout?

This was done quite a long time ago but it is still one of my favourites - think it is the pink and green together that I like?




Best use of journalling: I don't know how to turn the photo around so that you can read it but this was written when Dan was a newborn and my friend Shannah took the photo!


This one is of Dan when we went to Lake Bonney. It is for the title category (I like to cut up our title stickers and rearrange them - someone told me that this is "serial killer" font eg. like the notes that get sent to police asking for ransom money LOL)
This is Hannah at Coffin Bay for the "themed layout".
Last pic is of my boy with his dog. It is no secret that I haven't bonded with our dog but I really can't fault him with the kids. He puts up with all manner of games and rough housing at his expense and he takes it all goodnaturedly. The kids adore him.
No other wildly exciting news here. I feel like I have been cleaning up little messes (spilt milk, wee, crumbs etc etc) all day. Joys of motherhood LOL.
If you have taken the time to read this please leave a comment (I'm still easily excited by comments left on the blog!)
Keep smiling,
Nell

2 comments:

Le@nne said...

Hi Nell,
great layouts :) Can't believe this is the first time I've read YOUR blog ... xx

Leisa said...

Lovely to meet you Nell, thanks for stopping by my blog.