Monday, November 2, 2009

Happiness is...



"What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life" Leo Buscaglia (a very clever man with some wonderful insights into children!) So what is making me blissfully happy at this point in time:
- a garden gone crazy in the Spring sunshine; my jasmine is finally tall enough to trail through the climbing sympathie rose at the front door; self sown sweet peas that smell divine (and have been given away in huge bunches); picking armloads of roses to cart indoors - we all have flowers in our rooms.


More happiness: working at kindy three days last week and two the week before that and then three again this week - lovely to have that last hurrah teaching before bubby arrives

- getting ready for the new arrival; I made this little owl outfit a while ago but hadn't got around to blogging it. The growsuit was completed first and then I found the lovely owl fabric at Kirkbride Quilts on our Retreat weekend - matches so well doesn't it? I used the bloomer pattern from Amy Butlers "Little Stitches for Little People"














I also started the pinwheels for the baby's quilt yesterday - love this fabric and I was just so glad to finally make a start after putting it off for so long! The kids took advantage of the hot day to help me scrub down and wash the pram and all the assorted baby bits and pieces! It was so lovely outside that we even ate tea in the back yard.

These little farm animal softies are for the baby's Christmas present (although I think the older two will enjoy them just as much as they've already been pre-tested and met with approval!) The pattern is out of Country Threads magazine and was so easy that I will probably end up making some more as gifts and for the Softies for Mirabel campaign.

I also cut out the fabric for the two little Mochi kangaroos I am making for my little British nephew and niece - so watch this space; hoping to have them finished next weekend.


All in all, flowers and crafting and time spent with the kidlets is making me a very happy Mummy!


Wherever you are, whoever you are, Happy spring!

Keep smiling,

Nell











3 comments:

gardenmama said...

so many lovely things happening at your home!
i love the fabric animals, how sweet!

Unknown said...

I love that quote at the beginning! So much to be happy about!
Suzy

Nic Wood said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww hhow cute is your little farm yard set...your kids are very lucky having such a clever Mummy!

nic xxx