Friday, January 22, 2010

Why I craft...

I've worked out why I craft.  It is because at the end of the day, no matter how much I have cleaned and nagged the house will still look like this:

No one will know how long it took me to feed, settle and wash for this little possum.  No one will know how many loads of washing have been done, folded, and put away and no one will remember the culinary disasterpiece that I cooked for dinner, but I will have something to show for my efforts; a quilt block, or a little stitchery, or half a sock, and I can look at it and think "I made this" and that is kind of cool don't you think?

As promised here are the recent layouts (more in the gallery on my cm website www.mycmsite.com.au/nellward )
I've been having a play with some very old products (like the gingham paper!) and some very new (heartmaker border punch and the beautiful February Nature's Whispers Paper)  Feels good to use up the old stuff but so exciting to break into the new!
Keep smiling,
Nell

No comments: