Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter!

I've been admiring fabric banners for a while and dreaming of making one in lovely Easter pastels but I don't have any in my stash and time was of the essence so I whipped this one up with scraps of paper from my Creative Memories stash (mostly the Pastel Power Palette) and 3 metres of premade bias binding from http://www.patchworkapple.com/ It doesn't technically belong in my front room but it looked so nice on the blue wall that I couldn't take it down!

We are now almost packed for our few days at the beach house.  Here was Hannah's own packing: Could this girl get anymore like her Auntie Kaz?  4 pairs of shoes for a two day stint?!?!  I love that the treasured new red sight words got included too!!!

I have grand plans of finishing an easter hat for Maddie and a stitchery too but I know that our time at the beach will probably be anything but relaxing.  This was Wednesday's crafting effort:Op Shopped brown corduroy skirt in her size: $1.50
Ric rac: pinched from the stash (is it just me or does everything look better with ricrac at the moment?)
Flower embellishment: Made from Emma Hardy's book "Making Children's Clothes"
Watching her whirl and twirl in it this winter: priceless!

From our family to yours, Happy Easter!

No comments: