Monday, August 30, 2010

Loving these moments!

Today I am loving the sunshine (after SOOOO much rain!)
I am loving:

this little one's current enthusiasm for cooking (and that he is becoming more capable and responsible in the kitchen!)

the gorgeous randomness of notes left by our emergent writer; I had such a "treasure forever" mummy moment when I found this note with a fistful of flowers left on my pillow!  And I'm still in shock that she actually apologised to her brother LOL!

I am loving the delightful chortle/chuckle/squeal that accompanies this little one up the hallway as she sets out to find someone; the closer she gets the more she laughs until at last she is so hysterical that she almost can't crawl - such fun!  Since she has been crawling properly Maddie is just a little ray of sunshine - not quite so frustrated and ever so proud of herself!  I am learning just how unbabyproof our house is LOL

Cleaning beckons, paperwork beckons, my garden is singing to me "come out and play in the sunshine" and there is washing to hang...
Happy Monday!
Keep smiling,
Nell
xxxx

5 comments:

Kelly Casanova said...

Your little one is not so little anymore!
Wait until she starts walking, it's great the way my Anna does laps of the house, she is so much happier.
I've found it amazing to watch the joy that a little one brings to the older siblings as they suddenly become a "person" as well as a baby. Lots of games and laughter, I love it.

Nic Wood said...

look at Maddie -awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...LOVE the longies on her!
How precious are Hans notes - just so sweet!
and Dan the chef - you go buddy!
Nic xxx

Nell said...

I love that first year but it always goes just far too fast!!! Are you a bit sad that Anna is walking now? My two older ones can't wait for Maddie to walk but I so want those baby days for a bit longer. I know what you mean about the joy of older siblings though - I was feeling guilty that Maddie doesn't get nearly as much 1:1 time as the others did until I saw just how adored/cuddled/played with she is by her siblings - I think 3rd child is actually a pretty good place to be ;)
Oh, and Nic, the longies have become a winter favourite - thanks :)

Kelly Casanova said...

No, i'm not sad she's walking, I'll be sad when she stops breastfeeding though :(

I sent you an email a few days ago, perhaps it was mislaid again?

Kelly Casanova said...

I dyed some fabrics but I'm not happy with how they turned out, so I'm starting over (I'm fussy!)