Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day!

I hope you celebrated in whatever way works for you.  We had a lovely BBQ brekkie with one of my dearest friends and her gorgeous little daughter.  They have been staying for a few days.  It has been so great to catch up again.  I feel so blessed to have friends like that in my life!  We were talking today about friends coming into your life for "a reason, a season, or a lifetime"  I am incredibly grateful for the amount of "lifetime" friends I have.  I still struggle with letting go of "seasonal" friends and even years later wonder what happened to them and where they are now.  One of the joys of blogland has been finding friends "lurking" LOL!

Congratulations to Esther Pollard who was the successful bidder in our auction for Queensland Flood Relief.


How awesome is that!  Pretty amazing for a group of crafty chicks!  I like to think that my little bit helped (and I know that I certainly ran a few bids up higher as there were so many yummy things up for auction LOL!)

Despite being quite busy I have actually had a bit of productive sewing time lately.
This, for my niece's birthday out of the beautiful Hoot range, and this which has been a very long time UFO.  Nothing like having your local and very favourite patchwork shop closing to make you rush projects through to completion!  I've also been making some blocks for the Quilts for Queensland appeal and I notice that Pip over at meetmeatmikes has found a lady collecting granny squares to help too so if you can crochet maybe you could get involved.  I love to see so many people helping in so many ways!  Makes you feel good about humanity hey!
Anyway, I am off to bed!  Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!
Keep smiling,
Nell
xxxx

No comments: