Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP Challenge and 3 scraplifted pages



So it appears that others are also needing to finish WIP so AJ has a Project Challenge going over on her blog ajsantics.blogspot.com.
The idea is to finish a quilty project each month.

I know I have already written a UFO post but I actually need to add to it.  Some of these projects also have to have an end date so I am including that in brackets.

January - Nessie's baby quilt, Hannah's first quilt project, already finished the Katie Jean "ticker" dolls quilt
February- Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt
March (or before) Owl panel
March/April - Rabbit stitchery/wallhanging

Patchwork Apple BOM (started first 2 blocks)
Dr Seuss Quilt
Needleturn Applique Quilt (just needs borders)
Emmie Lou's Braids (started)
Bliss Quilt
Momo Charm Pack Quilt
Patchwork Apple Cot Quilt
Patchwork Apple Single Bed Quilt Kit
Lill and Will/Moda Bakeshop Quilt
French General Quilt
Jelly Roll in case quilt
Leanne's House BOM
Merry and Bright Stitchery Wallhanging (3/4 done)
Reindeer panel
Rosalie Quinlan Rebekah Amy quilt (started a very long time ago!)
A4 string piecing experiment (almost finished)
Bugs and Blossoms - do I just throw this out?
1 inch log cabins - ongoing project to use up scraps

Not quilts but still needing to be finished:
Union Jack table runner
Socks #1
Socks #2
Maddie's cardigan
Cait's cardigan
Smocked dress
Suzanne's scarf
Hannah's school scarf
Crocheted motif blanket

Whew! It looks scary like that!  I guess the challenge is to NOT BUY ANYTHING ELSE until I get these WIP under control!!!
Only 3 pages to show today and 2 of them have been "scraplifted".  I think it is okay to scraplift if you are feeling a bit blah/lacking motivation but you do need to acknowledge your original inspiration!
The first one comes straight from the cover of our Creative Memories Scraps Magazine.
This one is from an old Scrapbooking Memories Magazine by Belinda Venables (who incidently is also a fellow South Australian) and then the third one is using the leftovers from the above page.
Now I'm off to put binding on Nessie's quilt so that I can take it for our Apple Piecers Get together this weekend!
Oh, and today I am grateful for good red wine (Scarpantoni School Block - one of my favourites) and the cooler weather!
Keep smiling,
Nell

No comments: