Thursday, February 2, 2012

Getting into the Groove

This dear boy started school this week.  He went off happily and confidently.  It felt good knowing that he has an awesome teacher, and a great group of classmates going through from kindy with him.

He was extra happy to see one of his favourite people, Kathy (who volunteers at our kindy and had popped in just to help settle them all - Kathy is one of the sweetest people I have ever met so I can understand Dan's crush on her!)

It has taken Maddie and I a while to get used to being "home alone" just the two of us!  I worked Tuesday and Wednesday but today I feel like we have truly found our new groove - just the right mix of housework and playtime.  I took Maddie to Spinners and Weavers (how very strange to just have one little person with me!) and she played quite happily so that I could actually get some spinning done!  There may or may not have been a little bit of adding to the stash (but I figure I have earned it with all the destashing and finishing and purging I have done lately!

Look how organised my storage looks in the new craft room!

On the weekend I also managed to finish my last project for January - my gorgeous ex-pat SIL sent me this tea towel last Christmas and I thought it was much too nice to use as a tea towel.

So now I need to start thinking about February projects (including the dreaded caterpillar quilt!)
Happy Thursday to you,
Keep smiling,
Nell

3 comments:

Mamie Girl said...

Love your storage! How cute is that tea towel and the flowers :D It makes life so much easier when you know that your kids have good teachers (like you guys) your little guy looks happy to be going to school!

Anonymous said...

UMWAHHH!!! more stash?? I knew I should not have left spinners early yesterday.. LOL Lea-Anne

Nic Wood said...

YAY, it looks fabulous on the table...well done!!!!
Nic xxx
PS Kathy seems to have quite a following!