Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Passing on a passion, sharing a skill..

My big kids have been wanting me to teach them to knit for a long time so we decided today was the day.


I first tried to learn to knit when I was about 8. My Mum tried to teach me but she couldn't make it stick so I taught myself when I was 9 and have loved it ever since.  I learned to knit with acrylic wool on slippery metal needles.  Call me a yarn snob but I was determined that I wanted my children to love the "feeling" of knitting as much as the knitting itself so we went with small wooden needles and 100% wool.

I don't think any of my cherubs will learn to knit proficiently in an afternoon but they are all making good progress and I am so proud of them!

Latest spinning:

This is some sparkly "purple pizzazz" that  Hannah has taken to learn to knit with.


And this soft cloud of fluff is "Lucy" 50% angora bunny and 50% merino - my knitters fingers are just itching to knit it up!

I've also been enjoying the holidays doing some scrapping.  These are my two new favourites using the new "P.S. I Love You" range.

Happy Wednesday!
Keep smiling,
Nell



2 comments:

Nic Wood said...

Yay, finally decided to do some blog reading!!!!! been sooooooo long! Cant comment on everything so i thought Id just say Hi :)

Mamie Girl said...

Love love love the purple that Hannah is knitting with. So cute they are learning to knit!! You must have a tonne of patients for them ;)