Thursday, June 1, 2017

CTMH Blog Hop June SOM

Hello and welcome.  If you have arrived here from Lauren's Blog you are in the right place.  Just keep clicking on the links at the bottom of each post to go right around.

Now, this month's stamp of the month "Hello Foxy" is cute and fun.  Unfortunately, as I type this, our lovely farm neighbours are baiting for foxes in the hope that they don't lose too many lambs this season.  Foxes are somewhat of a pest in Australia so I can't imagine using these little guys on a page anytime soon.

I do have a friend who loves foxes (her nickname is Foxy) and has a birthday coming up so I made her this birthday card. I used Pacifica cardstock and the basket weave paper and burlap ribbon from the No Worries Workshop Your Way.

This stamp lends itself really well to card making.  I have two team members going through some tough times so I wanted to send them a card.  The wreath is just perfect for popping a sweet sentiment in.
 Ever wondered what to do with those zip strips? They make great little accents on cards.

 And the orange paper on this one is a PML piece from the Prickly Pear paper.  If the sentiment is not to my liking I will often use these as a mount for photos or cards.

Now, a note on watercolours.  You will notice that my watercolouring is not perfect but this month I set myself a challenge to use our watercolours over my personal preference of watercolour pencils or Shinhan markers.  The reason is simple. This weekend I needed a sign for my stall and my almost 13 year old made one for me on a canvas using our watercolours.  I have adapted it to use as my new blog header. I was enormously proud of her for giving it a go.  She has stepped out of her comfort zone quite a lot lately and it was a reminder to me to do the same (ah, the things we learn from our children) I was a folk-art painter before I had kids, and also did Senior Art at highschool but I think like all skills if you don't use it you tend to lose it and in my own brain I was not confident using our watercolours.  They really are easy though - and lots of beautiful colours for only $18.00.  I have even used the watercolours with my kindy kids and they held up really well and lasted a long time even with constant use from 4 year olds.

This last project was my favourite.  Remember that I am on a mission to bring back the border? The sweet little flowers on this one really look lovely scattered as a border.  I mixed it with some raspberry cardstock and the seaglass stripe from our Prickly Pear paper.

That is it from me, now head over to Shaunna's blog for some more great ideas.
Happy scrapping!
Nell

4 comments:

Shaunna Richards said...

Beautiful page and cards Nell. I noticed your new banner right away and I love it. Your daughter did a great job.

Lauren said...

Gorgeous scrapbook page with that floral border!

Kylie McLoughlin said...

I really love this page you created Nell...

Vandra said...

I really love your page you made, so sweet. You water colour painting looks really great especially behind the title. Adds something special.